[App_rpt-users] Did anyone notice?

Shane Morris edgecomberts at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 02:01:27 UTC 2014

Quoting you, pleasant in this case won't work. Not with an organisation
that *claims* its the oldest amateur radio association in the world (that
title goes to another American league, the longest *continuous* running is
the Australia WIA, whom I will never join, because they will never man up
to the ACMA and demand packet radio for Foundation) - I think, for "Old Man
Radio" his days are numbered. The uproar when Morse was dropped! Wow-wee,
guys, we had 3G on 2100MHz in Australia at that point. Why do I want to
string up open wire all over the place, and pretend I'm cool, when Tesla
did cool with elegance?

Really, most clubs, leagues, and association are beyond antiquated, they
are prehistoric. I remember, when I first started researching packet radio
in 1997, we were "setting the frontiers" by hooking up a T1 over radio
using coffee cans. The WIA would cringe if I did something of that sort.
Then legislate me out of existence. Now do you know why I refuse to hold an
Australian Amateur Licence, of any grade?

If people want to politick, there is the Labor Party. Meanwhile, if you
like radios, there is always this list. I hold on to that hope at least...

By the way, all programmers, bug submitters, and ideas people, keep up your
good work! I always appreciate reading your thoughts.

Thanks!