[App_rpt-users] Solving Identification Problems with direct RF links

Jon Rorke jrorke at cogeco.ca
Fri Jul 4 12:12:52 UTC 2014

This should be fairly strait forward if the repeater is set up to pass
the CTCSS tone only when keyed.

All you need to do is program your link radio like a mobile to work the
repeater with CTCSS on TX and RX.

Then set up your Allstar node to be a simplex node. Use duplex=0 in the
rpt.conf file and the usbradio.conf  files.

When using the duplex=0 setting in the rpt.conf file makes the node a
simplex node but has no telemetry, nop tail no peeps and so on. No CW
IDs will come out except when someone is talking on the node.

Jon VA3RQ