[App_rpt-users] Solving Identification Problems with direct RF links

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 14:50:14 UTC 2014

I know this is a major problem that has showed up, and I would like to know
if anybody knows how to fix it for the best operation.

Thanks for any help, I am a newbie at the software and CentOS ACID is the
first time I have used command line.

Background
-There is a remote repeater on a mountain west of me
-No internet exists at the site
-I can't add any other link in because of antenna expenses
-The Rocky Mountain Radio League has held approval for an RF link to the
repeater using the input frequency of the repeater

What they will do
-Because of the loonngg hang time, they will disable the TX CTCSS right
away after the transmission is done.
-They will NOT TX CTCSS on their CW ID so I don't have to hear that in the
node.

What I am expected to do
-Only CW ID when a remote person is transmitting, so when they are coming
in from the internet to my node, only ID over their transmission (yes I
know the morse will be playing at the same time as the talking)
-NO random ID's coming up 10 mins after the conversation is done. I don't
want my node to just come up at random times and ID

Any suggestions, any previous attempts for a link like that?

Thanks so much, and any help would be greatly appreciated. The RMRL wants
to start getting this along so I would really like some help.

73's

Skyler KDØWHB

--
Skyler Fennell