[App_rpt-users] Macro Help

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Jul 8 14:11:06 UTC 2014

set duplex=1  in rpt.conf

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio

Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 06:58:27 -0600
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Macro Help
From: electricity440 at gmail.com
To: doug at crompton.com

I just realized that no audio will play when Duplex=0. Telemetry works, but any system audio does not work. Is there a way to fix this?

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 10:43 PM, Doug Crompton <doug at crompton.com> wrote:

First of all there is a way to do that automatically. Put a sound file in

/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt/nodenames/

such as   27225.ulaw

That file would play when you connected to node 27225.

There are already some sample files in there and some groups like the WAN system have file sets you can install for many of their nodes.

To just play a sound file locally when you type a DTMF sequence do the following....

In the functions section of your rpt.conf file add the DTMF sequence. Note the DTMF sequence must not conflict with any other commands.

985=localplay,/tmp/some-sound-file

This would play the file when you DTMF 985. Note that you do NOT put the extent on the sound file name. No ulaw, gsm etc.  and the file must comply with the requirements for playing - sample rate, etc.

Another way to execute macro commands and a way I usually employ because it is much more flexible is to use bash scripts in the system and call them to do things. The scripts could also be called from a system cron job setup using crontab.

985=cmd,/tmp/some-script.sh

The script could be

#! /bin/bash
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun node *327133"
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt localplay node some-sound-file"

Replace node with your node number

This would connect your node to node 27133 and play the specified sound file locally.

These scripts could go anywhere on the system but I recommend creating a directory under /etc/asterisk - call it local or your call letters or whatever you want and put your local files there. Then if you backup the asterisk directory your local files will be backed up also.

Remember you have to make a script you create executable for it to work -  chmod 750 filename