[App_rpt-users] Rebuilding a private node

kk6ecm kk6ecm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 03:43:35 UTC 2014

I found that building a replacement Allstar server while the original is still in service, it works to copy all conf files over, but use unique node numbers (surrogate) during test, then switch over to the original node numbers when placing into service. Now I'm building a replacement private node that is "hosted" by an Allstar hub, and contains all the direct addresses of the connectable nodes. It seems straight forward to use a unique private node number (surrogate), but the ramifications of testing, when all the other nodes references reside in the .conf files. Would it be best to just rebuild, then test inplace without using a surrogate private node number? What is the nature of issues I could run into?

Thanks,
Bob
kk6ecm

Sent from iPad