[App_rpt-users] RF repeater linking using Allstar

Loren Tedford lorentedford at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 09:55:12 UTC 2014

I have seen many posts here about linking repeater via rf into all star I
would like to do the same thing here where I live there is repeaters close
by that I would like to link them into my repeater however it seems that my
problem has come up with ensuring proper Id by the link radio.  I need the
radio to only ID when it transmit I have found so far that Duplex=0 does
not work for this set up it stops all Id's all together I really don't need
any telemetry data of other links connecting up to the repeater because
this will add extra transmit time etc..Here is a sample of my rpt.conf file
If some one would show me where i messed up that would be great remember
this is a link not a repeater and the link is connected to a USB uri that
is connected up to a VHF Motorola Maxtrac the radio has been programmed to
specific frequencies I would like to use and pl tones applied.. So the goal
here is to get the node to key up to the repeater give an id when there is
traffic coming through the node not when traffic is received from the
repeater.. So example problem with Duplex=1 repeater keys up with tones and
ids but every 10 minutes the repeaters get into a repeater id war repeater
ids then node ids which resets repeater timer and makes the repeater id
then turns around and resets node timer and causes it to id... So... where
did i screw up with the config file..

; Radio Repeater configuration file (for use with app_rpt)
;

;
; Your Repeater
;

[27103] ; Change this to your assigned node number

rxchannel=Radio/usb27103
duplex=0
erxgain=-3
etxgain=3
;controlstates=controlstates
scheduler=schedule27103
morse=morse27103
macro=macro27103
functions=functions27103
phone_functions=functions27103
link_functions=functions27103
telemetry=telemetry
wait_times=wait-times
context =  radio
callerid = "Repeater" <0000000000>
idrecording = |iKC9ZHV/L
accountcode=RADIO
hangtime=50
althangtime=100
totime=150000
idtime=540000
politeid=3000

idtalkover=|iKC9ZHV/L
unlinkedct=ct2
remotect=ct3
linkunkeyct=ct8
;nolocallinkct=0
;eannmode=1
;connpgm=yourconnectprogram
;discpgm=yourdisconnectprogram
;lnkactenable=0
;lnkacttime=1800
;lnkactmacro=*52
;lnkacttimerwarn=30seconds
;remote_inact_timeout=1800
;remote_timeout=3600
nounkeyct=1
;holdofftelem=0
beaconing=0
telemdefault=2
;
; *** Status Reporting ***
;
; Uncomment the either group following two statpost lines to report the
status of your node to stats.allstarlink.org
; depending on whether you are running ACID or Limey Linux.

; ** For ACID ***
statpost_program=/usr/bin/wget,-q,--timeout=15,--tries=1,--output-document=/dev/null

statpost_url=http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status updates

; ** For Limey Linux **
;statpost_program=/bin/wget,-q,--timeout=15,--tries=1,--output-document=/dev/null

;statpost_url=http://stats.allstarlink.org/uhandler.php ; Status updates

;
; Morse code parameters, these are common to all repeaters.
;

[morse27103]

speed=18
frequency=800
amplitude=4096
idfrequency=750
idamplitude=1024

[schedule27103]

;dtmf_function =  m h dom mon dow  ; ala cron, star is implied

[functions27103]
1=ilink,1
2=ilink,2
3=ilink,3
4=ilink,4
5=macro,1
70=ilink,5
71=ilink,6
72=ilink,7
73=ilink,15
74=ilink,16
75=ilink,8

80=status,1
81=status,2

6=autopatchup,noct=1,farenddisconnect=1,dialtime=20000 ; Autopatch up
0=autopatchdn ; Autopatch down

;989=cop,4
980=status,3
99=cop,6

; Place command macros here

[macro27103]

[telemetry]

ct1=|t(350,0,100,2048)(500,0,100,2048)(660,0,100,2048)
ct2=|t(660,880,150,2048)
ct3=|t(440,0,150,4096)
ct4=|t(550,0,150,2048)
ct5=|t(660,0,150,2048)
ct6=|t(880,0,150,2048)
ct7=|t(660,440,150,2048)
ct8=|t(700,1100,150,2048)
remotetx=|t(1633,0,50,3000)(0,0,80,0)(1209,0,50,3000);
remotemon=|t(1209,0,50,2048)
cmdmode=|t(900,903,200,2048)
functcomplete=|t(1000,0,100,2048)(0,0,100,0)(1000,0,100,2048)
patchup=rpt/callproceeding
patchdown=rpt/callterminated

;
; This section allows wait times for telemetry events to be adjusted
; A section for wait times can be defined for every repeater
;

[wait-times]

telemwait=2000
idwait=500
unkeywait=2000
calltermwait=2000

;
; This is where you define your nodes which cam be connected to.
;

[nodes]
; Note, if you are using automatic update for allstar link nodes,
; no allstar link nodes should be defined here. Only place a definition
; for your locak nodes, and private (off of allstar link) nodes here.

27103 = radio at 127.0.0.1/27103,NONE

; Memories for remote bases

[memory]

;00 = 146.580,100.0,m