[App_rpt-users] Cent OS Updating?

Thor Wiegman n7jct at aplaceonthe.net
Fri Jul 18 14:39:27 UTC 2014

I'm using this as a script.  In my users home directory is a directory
called bin (/home/thor/bin) where I keep scripts.  Each is made
executable (chmod +x script_name).  This one I run after any yum
update.  Call it what you like, I call it update_acid.  This isn't
entirely my creation, like all things open source, I borrowed from
others, especially K0KN.  Anyway, by making this an executable script
you turn this into an almost painless process.

#!/bin/bash
#This first part downloads the latest ACID and unpacks it
cd /usr/src
rm -rf astsrc
wget http://allstarlink.org/svn-trunk.tar.gz -O- | tar xzv
#This next bit removes the radio_relax module from the code
#But I don't remember why I do that
mv trunk astsrc
cd astsrc
sed -i 's/MENUSELECT_CFLAGS=RADIO_RELAX
LOADABLE_MODULES/MENUSELECT_CFLAGS=LOADABLE_MODULES/g'
/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk/menuselect.makeopts
#Compiles the code
make upgrade-acid
#This part whacks the zaptel drivers into submission.
#Without it the newly upgraded ACID will not run
cd /usr/src/astsrc/zaptel
./configure
make
make install