[App_rpt-users] remote re-boot via RF

Jim jimw7ry at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 20:59:09 UTC 2014

I use a PL decoder set to an oddball tone that is hooked to the repeater
receiver. I simply key up my radio on that tone for 5 seconds and the
decoders output grounds the power switch then I simply key up again for 1
second and it turns the PC back on. The decoder is completely separate from
the node system.

I wait for it to boot and register, then I connect it to the network.
If I'm not in range, I simply get an internet connection and putty into it
and reboot it that way. Only problem with this method is that if the PC is
locked up, (which has never happened) then my only method is the PL method
described above.

73
Jim W7RY