[App_rpt-users] additional- app_rpt_script_execution

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu Jul 24 05:06:44 UTC 2014

Ramon,

 There are two ways to play audio files, locally or globally.  Most of the time you would want it to be locally.

The commands in the client are  rpt localplay  and  rpt playfile

To play a file locally to your node assuming it was node 1999 you could execute the following

rpt localplay 1999 myfilename

or in Linux -

asterisk -rx "rpt localplay 1999 myfilename"

You do not use the extent when specifying the filename. myfilename.gsm becomes just myfilename

The file has to be acceptable in samplerate and type to play. You can play or combine any of the sounds found in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds or create your own.

In the BeagleBone Black image code I give an example of combining to create a node-id file. It is located in the local directory under /etc/asterisk.  Here is an example -

#! /bin/bash

cat   /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/letters/w.gsm   /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/letters/a.gsm   /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/digits/3.gsm   /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/letters/d.gsm   /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/letters/s.gsm   /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/letters/p.gsm /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/repeater.gsm > /etc/asterisk/local/node-id.gsm

If you execute this script one time it creates node-id.gsm. If you then play that file it will say

WA3DSP repeater  - in the Allison voice.  Any like type sound file can be combined and played.

asterisk -rx "localplay 1999 /etc/asterisk/local/node-id"

The node-id would typically be specified in rpt.conf for the voice ID

idrecording=/etc/asterisk/local/node-id

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio