[App_rpt-users] Playing mp3 files in app_rpt

Geoff ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:55:42 UTC 2014

On 05/30/2014 12:12 AM, Bob wrote:

> So... I've been researching several options, finally downloaded the
> asterisk-addons, and installed. The mp3 download of the ARRL News
> plays, however, I'd like to have the idtalkover=|i<call sign> function
> as well. I get the Morse Code id at the end of the ARRL News, but not
> during at the defined interval. Any ideas?

Of course, it depends on how often you've got your ID set to go off.

context = radio

;idrecording = w5omr-repeater                ; this plays a file that's
located in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/
idrecording = |iW5OMR/R                      ;node Identification. the
lower case i means it's to be CW.
accountcode=RADIO
hangtime=400                    ; repeater hang-time.  I like 'em short.
;althangtime=4000
totime=540000                                   ;time out timer in
milliseconds  60000 miliseconds in a minute.
idtime=600000                                   ;how often node id's in
milliseconds.
;politeid=3000                    ; how long allstar waits to id while
there's a carrier present before it ID's anyway.

When you're setting up your script to play Newsline, just add your id
file to the end of the newsline file.

$~> sox newline_file(x) id_file newsline_file_id(x)
(where 'x' denotes which newsline file, since the one long file is
chunked up into several pieces.)

That's -one- way to look at it... I'm sure there are several others.
It's Linux!

-Geoff/W5OMR