[App_rpt-users] No internet

Bob kk6ecm at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 17:02:13 UTC 2014

We have two sites, one with internet access, and the other does not. The
site with internet has a two node Allstar server, with one node connected to
the local 2 meter repeater, and the second connected to a 70cm radio used as
an audio link to a second 2 meter repeater one mountain range over (knife
edge effect... not LOS). The second 2 meter repeater has a mating 70 cm
radio to complete the audio link. Linking the two 2 meter repeaters is
accomplished in the Allstar server via radio or over the internet. Depending
on the range to the remote site, there may be a wi-fi option (wireless
access points) within shared bands, using your call sign as the ssid (e.g.
Ubiquiti, or Tranzeo). Hope this gives you some idea of the possible.

thanks,

Bob

kk6ecm

  _____