[App_rpt-users] Troubles with downloading node configuration.

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 14 01:52:55 UTC 2014

Due to multiple problems, I have reinstalled the entire system using the
Disc I created.

Everything was going ok until I got to the part where I had to download my
configuration from the allstar link network.

I entered in my call-sign and password, and when it proceeded to download
the configuration file, it said "FATAL ERROR COULD NOT MODIFY" (it may have
said more but I didn't catch it, and it disappeared"

So now I am stuck with this root at test login...

I logged in as root and ran nodesetup.sh, and the screen returned this:

Downloading server Skylersnode...

 Failed to download and unpack configuration files

Allstar Link Portal Config Download Failed .. exiting

I thought the password was incorrect, but when I tried a random password,
it returned an incorrect password dialog.

I thought something went wrong in the install, so I tried to reinstall it,
but that did not help.

I went to the portal, and clicked "DOWNLOAD CONFIGURATION" to see if that
would do anything, but it returned this :
"Sorry, your server does not have any downloadable nodes (Register Only)."

Does this mean anything or does it just mean I don't have a computer set up
currently, which was true because the computer was shut off and could not
download the portal config files.

I do not see what is going on because
1) I am running everything on the same computer I had up before
2) I have not made any modifications to my online portal
3) I have the same network connection as before
4) I tried a reinstall of the entire thing several times.

Thanks for any help
   And
         73,

KDØWHB