[App_rpt-users] FreeStar

Ramesh Dhami Ramesh at va3uv.com
Sun Jun 15 00:23:18 UTC 2014

rtp_dir is reflector side s/w.... It is not supposed to inter operate with other systems per-se.  It is a bridge that links different platforms on the server in question.

As Ken mentioned earlier, it is not for the faint at heart!

My Free Star solution does "multiplex" with Allstar - one repeater can be used in a dual mode configuration - but there is no bridging between Allstar and D-STAR on the client side.

I use an external multiplexer to switch between the 2 modes.  I have this deployed on 2 full duplex repeater systems west of Toronto, ON.  Both systems have been live for about 4 years.

One system uses a Kenwood TKR850 and the other a pair of GE Delta radios.

A single PC can run the Allstar and Free Star s/w or if like me, you'd rather not put all of your eggs in one basket, you can run the Free Star s/w on a BBB, RPI, etc.

Cheers!

Ramesh.

Sent from my iPhone