[App_rpt-users] temporarily disable echolink

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Mon Jun 23 17:58:31 UTC 2014

On 6/23/14 12:51 PM, Tim Sawyer wrote:
> The way I do that is to add another node to your server and attach Echolink to that new node. Then you can dis/connect your main node to Echolink at will.

I second this method, Tim.

Probably the best method; that way, you set up a 'dummy load' echolink
host assigned to an allstar node...and, in combination with allmon, you
can attach (from a remote site, over https), a connection to your server
farm, connect your dummy echo host to the rest of the network, connect
to the dummy with a handy echo application, chat away...then disconnect
when done.

Saves being bothered by (l)users who seem to do nothing but drive-by
connections day in and day out.

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.