[App_rpt-users] Wiring/Programming for A reverse RF link to a repeater

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 03:43:18 UTC 2014

I have obtained permission from the Rocky Mountain Radio League here in
Denver to link an all-star node up to one of their repeaters mountain high.

I have a few questions to set up the best link to the nice nice repeaters
up there @ 11,500 feet above sea

Already Solved Problems {

   First Concern: Accidentally gets stuck on TX

   Solution: Use the radios built in TOT

   Second Concern: Transmitting random stuff that cant be controlled (maybe
interference from someone hitting the node)

   Solution: SSH and disable through the computer

   }

My Questions {

   FULL DUPLEX???

   So with one radio I could have it TX and RX on separate frequencies.
This would Be a nice SIMPLEX link. I would not need full duplex because it
would just be doubling with the repeaters other people inputs making it
yeah...

BUT...

What about the hang time? Yes, the RMRL repeaters have Very Very long
tails, so I have asked them to turn off the TX tone right away, and they
will do that so I don't have to get their tone and their little courtesy
tone.

So should I spend the extra work of getting a Duplexer or Diplexer or band
reject or band pass filter (whichever one, IDK) WITH another radio or would
it work just as well with a SimpleSimplexSetup.

Now to the software part, which I hope you guys will help with.

1) I probably want to disable courtesy tones| Easy, just in the Conf file
comment it out

2) Station ID in morse

  Now this is my question because I don't want to break the law by not
doing morse code, but I don't want to annoy everybody by having the code in
the repeater on the mountain as well as in the radio, because that would be
a lot of stuff going on.

Maybe... Could I make it so there is no TONE transmitted when it does the
CW ID? So it is just a "LOCAL" Identification

}

{
Thanks for any help anyone, it is all appreciated. I actually did not exect
approval, but I want to carry on now that it is approved.

Sorry for all the people who are not fans of using the input frequency to
InternetLink, it works Great for the other repeaters that do it, nothing
bad has happened for the year I have been a ham.

So any ideas, tips, don't do's etc? Thanks for any advice!!!!!
}

& 73's

K D Ø W H B / SKYLER

--