[App_rpt-users] USB URIx overmodulation problem?

Kevin Oleniczak n9jpg.ham at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 05:17:12 UTC 2014

I'm using a URIx module with my radio and am in the process of adjusting
audio levels. I'm following the well documented procedures to set rx and tx
levels but noticed that that choices in txvoice levels have little or no
effect. I've made some measurements with my service monitor.

radio tune txvoice 10  >> 0.35Khz deviation
radio tune txvoice 14  >> 4.8Khz deviation
radio tune txvoice 15  >> 4.8Khz deviation
radio tune txvoice 20  >> 5.2Khz deviation
radio tune txvoice 100  >> 5.2Khz deviation
radio tune txvoice 500  >> 5.2Khz deviation
radio tune txvoice 900  >> 5.2Khz deviation

With a goal of 3KHz deviation, its not possible through settings alone. Any
ideas why this is so touchy?

thanks