[App_rpt-users] USB FOB options

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Thu Mar 6 13:54:49 UTC 2014

Steve, parallel port is the way to go. I’ve been using that for a couple of years with very good results. Literally have the ptt interface transistor in the DB25 shell. I seem to recall it is a 2N2222 and a resistor, maybe more. But a simple switch. And the COS side is opto-isolated. Makes the $0.99 CM108 FOB look real good. The cheapies are all potted. I originally got a SIIG CM108 device and it was not potted. It was also $39 and needed magnifier to solder a piece of 32 gauge wire onto the GPIO pin. Not fun.

I built up several PC’s using Intel D201 or D945 boards but only bought boards with parallel ports.

GeorgeC
W2DB
2360