[App_rpt-users] USB URIx overmodulation problem?

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Thu Mar 6 16:01:23 UTC 2014

I'd add that the difference between line level and mic level is almost 50 dBm...so, removing the boost is a good thing.  it will get you into the ballpark.

As will doing the final setting while referencing a deviation display on a decent service monitor.

from what i've experienced and done, if you get the levels out of the radio hardware right (line at aprx 0 dBm, mic around -50 dBm, the radio-tune settings can be initially set up to midpoint and you'll be 'in the ballpark' to start the fine tuning.

IOW, get the hardware signals set...then fine adjust the software.

At least that's what they taught back in the day.  otherwise you will be chasing your tail...

--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 5...small