[App_rpt-users] RTCM PTT circuit

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Sat Mar 8 17:55:57 UTC 2014

There are some options....

http://www.repeater-builder.com/hamtronics/ta-51pl_mod.html
This modification was originally written to allow PL to be transmitted
at industry standard levels.  Using this modification, with a suitable
varactor, will provide full voice deviation of 5 kHz.  This works well
on a TA451 because of the multiplication factor of 36.  This
modification converts the transmitter from PM to FM.  You'll need to
pre-emphasize and limit in software.  This gives the best sounding audio
from an older Hamtronics exciter. Use only on ham bands - modification
is not commercial use accepted.

http://www.repeater-builder.com/hamtronics/ta-51altaudio.html
Similar to what Robert mentioned, and should be fine as long as you are
limiting without pre-emphasis in software.  Use only on ham bands -
modification is not commercial use accepted.

http://www.repeater-builder.com/hamtronics/pdf/COR-3.pdf
Look at the circuitry associated with Q1 and Q2.

Kevin