[App_rpt-users] app_rpt script execution

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Sun Mar 9 16:43:47 UTC 2014

Bob,

 The easiest way to execute scripts that command app_rpt is outside of rpt.conf in this way....

Create a script and store it somewhere (example) -

#! /bin/bash
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun 27225 *7128190"
sleep 10
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun 27225 *7327133"

I call this script alaska_connect and it is in /etc/asterisk/wa3dsp  Make sure it s executable - chmod 750 <filename>

Then create a cron job to tell when to execute it -

44 12 * * 1-6 /etc/asterisk/wa3dsp/alaska_connect

This says execute /etc/asterisk/wa3dsp/alaska_connect at 12:44 (PM the clock is 24 hour) on Monday through Saturday

Use crontab -e   to edit  cron   or crontab -l to list what is there. Google cron or crontab to see cron options.

As you can see this has nothing to do with anything inside of rpt.conf  Remove any scheduled jobs in rpt.conf especially if they conflict with doing it in this way externally.

The script can be any system command or anything you could do from the command prompt, download a file, reboot the system, send commands to app_rpt, restart asterisk, whatever.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio