[App_rpt-users] No audio from URIx

Willem Schreuder willem at prinmath.com
Wed Mar 12 02:25:40 UTC 2014

I have built my third AllStar node using a URIx, but cannot get Tx audio
out to work.  The node receives audio perflectly, and keys the radio using
the PTT line, but there is no audio either from asterisk (e.g. the time
announcement) or the "flash" in radio-tune-menu.  Adjusting the Tx levels
and boost has no effect.

I have swapped URIx, cable and radio with a working node, so I have
eliminated a bad URIx, cable or radio as a possibility.  I have also
eliminated a bad node configuration by applying a known good node
configuration to the computer (which results in no Tx audio) and using the
configuration of this node to a different computer (which works fine).

The problem therefore seems to be motherboard related.  I have tried two
different motherboards:
   ECS NM70-I Celeron 1037 Mini ITX
   GIGABYTE GA-C1007UN-D Celeron 1007U Mini ITX

Both exhibit the exact same symptom:  No Tx audio.  The do share the Intel
NM70 chipset.  Disabling or enabling the on board audio seems to have no
effect.  lsusb shows only the URIx (C-Media Electronics, Inc) and the
Intel USB hub (Intel Corp. Integrated Rate Matching Hub).

Is this a problem folks have previously encountered, or have any
suggestions what else I can try?