[App_rpt-users] Asterisk Allstar on the Raspberry Pi

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Mar 18 04:22:01 UTC 2014

Thanks for all the replies on my announcement. I got so many that I am sorry I cannot respond to everyone individually. So there definitely is interest in doing this.

I am currently working on compiling it with the latest USB rewrite updates in the 3.10 kernel. While it works OK now there are some slight delay issues I am not happy with. It currently only runs in USB 1.1 mode which on the Pi puts the Ethernet into low speed also. Hopefully the updates will fix that.

I certainly understand the enthusiasm out there for this but I would not want to put out something prematurely that would cause problems. So bear with me for a bit until things are ironed out. In the meantime you can get your RPI, USB FOB, and SD card ready. I would recommend a Sandisk Ultra class 10 16gb or better.
73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio