[App_rpt-users] RTCM and voting setup

Mark Johnston markjohnston73 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 19:07:19 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

Trying to setup 2 RTCM's for voting - starting off with 1 for the master
timing source - no Radio.
and one currently at the same site for testing purposes, both have GPS
configured & working.

The radio is a GE Mastr II base - I located a point where the CTCSS decoder
gets the discriminator audio
and removed the board for CTCSS decode. Plugged in the audio to the RTCM
there.

I do hear the audio, but am having multiple issues, first audio sounds OK
locally (repeat) but the biggest
issue there is the PL is loud and plfilter = y in the voter.conf appears to
do nothing for that.

Second issue I am not seeing a way to decode PL either in the RTCM or in
asterisk from a voter.
I know with usbradio/simplusb it has the option but from what I know those
are not going to do anything here?

also during the RTCM setup the SQ adjustment appears to calibrate go from
flashing to solid on the LD3 indicator.
but when adjusting the SQ pot 10 , 50 , or 150 turns does nothing to
extinguish the LD3 as it should, unless I am
misunderstanding the directions - does not make sense. Anyone know if there
is something I could be missing?

below are the rpt.conf (partial) and voter.conf files

rpt.conf ----

[28344]                                 ; Change this to your assigned node
number
rxchannel=voter/28344
duplex=2
;erxgain=-3