[App_rpt-users] Simplex link to a repeater via Motorola maxtrac

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at mac.com
Wed May 14 18:37:04 UTC 2014

The app_rpt IDer is triggered on transmit activity only. I suspect your node’s transmitter is actually being keyed on repeater activity.

Is your node set for duplex=0? See: http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/84

Make sure the beacon mode is not on.
;beaconing=0       ; Send ID regardless of repeater activity (Required in the UK, but probably illegal in the US)

For what it’s worth, what your are doing is not recommended. In-band linking can the following problems:
1) If not specifically addressed your repeater hang time, courtesy tone, and IDer will be heard by other nodes.
2) Two or mode nodes with improper in-band linking will cause an endless pingpong.
3) Half duplex nodes don’t always have over-the-air control.
4) The audio will be slightly degraded because of the extra radio.

Having said that, items 1 and 2 above problems can be avoided by setting your node to decode PL and either:
1) Set your repeater to encode PL only on user input.
2) Set your repeater to pass user PL.

The best way to use Allstar is to install it as your repeater controller. If that’s not possible the next best option is to connect it to a port on your controller.
--
Tim
:wq