[App_rpt-users] use of pp I/O for two nodes in same PC

Kenneth Grimard n1dot1 at gmail.com
Sun May 25 16:39:27 UTC 2014

george

another important point when you setup the line for your cat control for
the ft-857/897 you will have to
use a real serial port. It will not work with a usb to serial adapter at
all. I just set a remote base using an ic-706.

I had one radio setup that way using an old irlp board for logic for the
ptt and cos. But do remember that when you computer
starts up you radio may go on to tx mode until asterisk reset's the
port. if it does that will depend on which line you use for ptt.

look here at this website for more info about the parallel port setup.
he has some nice circuit design's for this also.

http://www.qsl.net/k0kn/

ken n1dot