[App_rpt-users] use of pp I/O for two nodes in same PC

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Sun May 25 23:35:18 UTC 2014

Thanks, everyone. Didn’t want to get there and discover it wasn’t possible. As I was assuming, as long as the right stuff is kept inside the proper stanzas in rpt.conf and simpleusb.conf (or usbradio) I’m ok.

As for serial ports, etc, I make it a habit to have a real serial port and parallel port on the box. Getting somewhat difficult to find, but still possible. Heck even the 12 core monster I have at my desk has both real ports.

I had the 857 connected a few years back, when it was discovered the timing was wrong and the wait delays were installed by Jim. Hazy memory now but any command that had two steps didn’t work. But anything that was a single command worked fine.

George J Csahanin
W2DB
Cedar Park, TX
512-401-2630 home