[App_rpt-users] App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 63, Issue 54

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Wed May 28 18:46:02 UTC 2014

The only problem with playing a long file continuously like this (for instance, using
asterisk -rx “rpt localplay 2331 foo”

is that the repeater won’t ID until the file finishes playing. Forcing an ID to play also doesn’t seem to accomplish the desired result.

At least, that’s what happens on my system.

Of course, once the file finishes, the ID fires, but for a file that’s longer than 10 minutes, this could really be a problem…so…you’ll probably want to break the file up anyway.