[App_rpt-users] Playing MP3 bulletins

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Fri May 30 17:20:34 UTC 2014

>So... I've been researching several options, finally downloaded the
asterisk-addons, and installed. The mp3 download of the ARRL News
>plays, however, I'd >like to have the idtalkover=|i<call sign> function as
well. I get the Morse Code id at the end of the ARRL News, but not
>during at the defined interval.  Any ideas?

>Thanks,
>Bob
>kk6ecm
=====
OK - I have reported hearing the talkover ID and other people say they don't
hear it.
It turns out everybody is right.
After some experimenting, I found that the node that is playing does not
talk-over, but all the connected nodes do (and that is where I often
listen).

That suggests that you could have an internal (no radio) node that did the
playback and link it to the radio node(s).  In that case you should hear the
talk-over ID on all the connected radios.  I do not know if the bulletin
node needs to be on a separate PC, but I believe not. The bulletin playback
node has no URI and uses:

rxchannel = Zap/pseudo		; Rx audio/signalling channel

Of course, the other ways to do it (previous postings) are:

1) Split the MP3 into segments and play them in sequence, using a Linux
script, with whatever ID you want between the segments

2) Edit the audio file and insert the ID audio into the track itself (what I
do)

73/GL

Ken