[App_rpt-users] Echolink_and_app_rpt:_Looking_for_m ore_information_on_permit=*-*

Skyler Fennell electricity440 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 05:20:03 UTC 2014

Why does every link hate each other?

IRLP hates Allstar, just because it can go through a phone and they want to keep the radio to it.

Echolink now taken Allstar off its policy because of some "security issues"

Allstar users dislike echolink because of the poor audio quality

Isn't ham radio just for two way communication, whatever the most effecient way you can contact someone during an emergency should be prioritized.

As time progresses, more and more Allstar nodes are becoming private in my area, and I can't connect to some places I used to have great friends on the systems.

Can't we just get along? If a friend built an IRLP node far away, why can't someone talk to him, just because they have a system with more linking capabilities?

During a disaster, an IRLP node on one side of the state should be able to connect to an Allstar node on another if communications are mandatory.

The same goes toward Allstar users, people who come in through echolink and troll around will do just the same through something like the web transceiver if echolink gets shut off. And who says someone without a liscense can't buy a cheap BAOFENG on amazon for 40 bucks and troll around on any link system near them?

We're radio amateurs, we know nothing is perfect, can't we work as a team to try to enhance two way communication as best as possible?

HF is not limited by the brand radio you have.

Skyler kd0whb