[App_rpt-users] Installation And configuration of URIs with asterisk app_rpt

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Mon Nov 17 05:49:52 UTC 2014

Salik, see my answers below in your message.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 02:37:19 +0000
From: saliksatti at yahoo.com
To: doug at crompton.com
CC: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Installation And configuration of URIs with asterisk app_rpt

HI,     I have installed the Node with ACID and test it using the iAXRPT software. There are my some questions:
1) As PTT control for iaxrpt is using the Ctrl button. when i pressed and then release the Ctrl button there is a delay in between i mean red light on URIx (delay in going red and the off).

You did not say what the delay was. It should be in the millisecond range especially if it is on the same computer or network where you are running iaxrpt. Any excessive delay would probably be network delay but it also could be a really slow computer or miss-configured network. You should not be seeing delays of more than a second

Tell us what the amount of delay is?

2) As it runs with asterisk. Can i call from normal softphone or ip Phone (i.e: IP Phone) Using SIP standard to the Node connected with iax RPT. Is that possible.

Asterisk is a PBX  so the SIP or IAX phone would directly connect to it. You would need to configure /etc/asterisk/sip.conf or iax.conf appropriately to do that. Every situation would be a little different. There are iphone and Android applications, like zopier - www.zoiper.com/ - that will allow you to connect to a server (your Asterisk Allstar) in either mode. Here is a sample of the iphone config code in the Beagle Bone Black. This would work the same in Acid.

In iax.conf -

; Iphone IAX connection

[myiphone]
username=myiphone
type=friend
context=myphone
host=dynamic
auth=md5
; add a passsword of your selection for secret
secret=
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=g726aal2
allow=gsm
codecpriority=host
transfer=no
; add your call or your selection for callerid
callerid=

in extensions.conf

(this shows two dummy nodes. Uncomment and replace with your node number)

; Iphone example

[myphone]
;exten=1998,1,rpt(1998|P)
;exten=1999,1,rpt(1999|P)

3) Or what is the basic purpose of this node setup. Is that only for use repeater mode?
I am not sure what your goal is with your system. I think you are connecting a radio? If so there are many settings that would effect its operation. If you are just running a simplex node, not a repeater, then you need to set the duplex setting in rpt.conf to   duplex=1   This is very important as the stock acid release sets this to  2 (repeater mode) and it can be very confusing when trying to get a simplex node working.  You will also want to put your call in the  idrecording= and also idtalkover=  in rpt.conf.  There are many other settings but most of the important ones should have been filled in by the setup or be at good default starting values.

Kindly i am bit confused about this. I will be grateful if anyone can answer to my questions.
This is often confusing to a newcomer and probably more so to your with the language issue. I hope this helps. I also think that you might have more start up luck using the Beagle Bone Black -  hamvoip.org - as it comes up and asks all of the important questions to configure your node and when you are done you should be able to use it straight away with the radio.

You did not mention but I presume you did get a node number and password at allstarlink.org???

Regards, Salik Mumtaz Satti, A-EXEN

National Radio And Telecommunication Corporation, Haripur Pakistan

www.nrtc.com.pk

salik.satti at nrtc.com.pk

Contact: +923155414048

Skype: salik.satti6

 Salik,  I think you need to give us more information. What kind of problems are you having? Is it just with the DMK URI or Allstar in general?The DMK URI's green LED should light up at boot and if you type at the Linux prompt 'lsusb' you should see it listed. That would be your first step. It should look like this. The C-media device is the DMK URI. You may have other USB devices present also.[root at WA3DSP_Allstar ~]# lsusbBus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0d8c:013a C-Media Electronics, Inc.Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000If that seems OK then when you start Asterisk and everything is configured properly the green LED should blink at about a 2pps rate.As far as your node is concerned, have you received a node number and password from allstarlink.org?If you have questions about the configuration files I am sure someone here could help you.Also have you considered using the Beagle Bone Black for your node? I am not sure if that is available in your country or how easy it is to get but it is much easier to setup and use. If you had all the hardware you could have it setup and running in 10 minutes or less. The DMK URI would be the most expensive item and you already have that. You can view the web page at:hamvoip.org 73 DougWA3DSPhttp://www.crompton.com/hamradioDate: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 04:27:35 +0000From: saliksatti at yahoo.comTo: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.orgSubject: [App_rpt-users] Installation And configuration of URIs with	asterisk app_rptHi All,          I want to use DMK URIs with asterisk. But i am facing issues regarding installation and configuration of a node with ACID. Please help me in this regard. Thanks in advance. Salik Mumtaz Satti, A-EXEN
salik.satti at nrtc.com.pk
Contact: +923155414048
Skype: salik.satti6