[App_rpt-users] custom node announcement?

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Tue Nov 25 23:08:55 UTC 2014

On 11/25/14, 2:22 PM, Robert A. Poff WB3AWJ wrote:
> As far as I know there is no distribution of custom node name files via the
> portal.

The link I posted from 2009 said there was a way via the web portal.

There is this as part of the rc.updatenodelist script as well
 if [ $downloads -gt 100 ]
                 then
                         downloads=0
                         sleep 600
                         # use rsync to update the connect messages
                         $RSYNC -av rsync://allstarlink.org/connect-messages
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt/nodenames
                         break; # Don't dwell on one server, Look for a new server
                 fi

There are node name files at rsync://allstarlink.org/connect-messages for some
nodes as well

If this is not a feature, why is it in the script?

> Some time ago KB2EAR had posted an rsync link to his "repository" of node name
> files.
> You should be able to find that post in the list archive.

Ok, is that different than the rsync://allstarlink.org/connect-messages
repository?

I'd question which repository is the proper one for the Allstar network.

Can anyone see how this can be confusing?
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
727-214-2508 - Fax