[App_rpt-users] Echo

Bob kk6ecm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 00:33:34 UTC 2014

I know my hearing is not the greatest, but when I connect into my Allstar
node via iax, and my friend connects into the node via Echolink from his
iPhone, the audio going both ways is very good. When I connect to my
node/repeater using my radio, his incoming signal sounds pretty good, but he
complains that mine is noisy. I'm going to try a portable radio vs the HT,
and see how that works. The service monitor says my HT is under modulated. I
guess I'm not understanding the "awful audio" comment. I'd like to learn
more about what it is about the audio that makes it less than acceptable.

Thanks,

Bob

kk6ecm

  _____