[App_rpt-users] EchoLink Policy Reminder

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sat Sep 6 13:14:11 UTC 2014

Correct me if I'm wrong but setting up an Allstar node doesnt set up an
Echolink node. You must already have an Echolink node to embed into the
Allstar node.
So you must already have a call sign to get an Echolink node number
right? And you must also have a call sign to have an Allstar node right?
So how does having an Echolink node embedded into your Allstar node have
to do with non licensed people getting into Echolink?

I dont have any Echolink nodes so I dont know but just asking. Or is the
problem the cross linking voip systems thing?

Ahh just love the politics. Next thing you know the Dstar crowd will be
banning analog bridges.... wait they are!

Allstar does everything Echolink does and IRLP too and more. So that's
why I dont bother with Echolink. I have IRLP on a separate system but
its almost never used. Time for the rest of the word to migrate to Allstar.

VA3RQ