[App_rpt-users] What is Dahdi?

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Fri Sep 12 01:53:26 UTC 2014

OK, not being a wise-ass, not trying to be stupid, that part’s covered. Just trying to understand.

What are the specific functions of:

Dahdi
Asterisk
Libpri
Zaptel

I know they are all part of the whole package, and that whole package still has me in awe. But being very curious type I wanted to know how this all comes together.

In my simple mind I axe: why isn’t Asterisk enough? I know what that one is, but as I use app_rpt daily I wish I knew which of the above are providing what part of the overall system.

George J Csahanin
W2DB
Allstar 2360 Echolink-Free
Cedar Park, TX