[App_rpt-users] Incoming connects

wade wadeo at charter.net
Sat Sep 13 06:45:42 UTC 2014

Good evening all,

     I have been dealing with an issue for about a month now of nobody
being able to connect to me, either from AllStar or Echolink. I can
connect to them by radio or using the CLI and it works perfect. Audio is
passed back and forth no drops, nothing. But no one can connect in.
About 2 weeks ago I was forced to do a complete system reinstall due to
a bad streaming install attempt. I thought maybe that would fix my
incoming issue also. It did not. I can ping Google and everything is
great, no packets dropped. During the course of this investigation I
have gone through my router numerous times and the port forwarding is
correct, UDP 4569 for AllStar, UDP 5198-5199 and TCP 5200 for Echolink.
This setup has worked flawlessly for months after I set it up in it new
location then it just quit.

Any ideas that maybe I haven't thought of or maybe something to jar my
memory?

I also have had this message coming across the CLI constantly.

"Warning  aprsthread: server noam.aprs2.net cannot be found"

That was a short description as I can not copy and paste it to the
computer I use to email from.

I have tried "rotate.aprs.net" and "rotate.aprs2.net" also with no success.
Could the two issues be related at all?

I would appreciate any help that can be given. I think it is something
so basic I am just over looking it and I hope it is. But I wanted to run
it past the experts to see if you guys had any other ideas

Thanks
Wade
KCØMLT
Node 28757