[App_rpt-users] user login prior to control codes?

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Sun Sep 21 18:57:04 UTC 2014

As we've had some issues with people sending control codes into the system
here and linking/unlinking major hubs I'm trying to figure out a better way
than just prefixing the functions in rpt.conf with a code prefix (ie *3
becomes *443).

Is there a way we can do this on a per user basis?  Perhaps setting up a users
file with a "PIN" and then requiring a user to "login" with this PIN prior to
accepting any control codes?

My ideal setup would be have one rpt_users.conf file (which should be
changeable with out having to reload asterisk)

[users]

KB9MCI	12345
KQ4ERT	43567
KB8RET	54321

Then the users would key in #PIN, the system would auth them against the file,
and upon authing them, it would respond "CALLSIGN authorized", the courtesy
tone would change and the user would have 60 seconds to input the control codes.

On the other hand I'd be happy with a way to do this on a per user basis for
each command.  For Example, *3 for kb9mci would become #12345*3.

Anyone have ideas on how to script this sort of a setup?

73's
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice