[App_rpt-users] Reverse Phone Patch

mike at midnighteng.com mike at midnighteng.com
Wed Apr 22 20:56:13 UTC 2015

Mike,

That is probably the easiest part to set-up.

The following example works in the "RADIO" context of extensions.conf

exten => _5XXX,1,Dial(sip/${EXTEN},17) ;dial ext/functions on this box

exten => _5XXX,2,VoiceMail(${EXTEN})   ; voicemail if failed

exten => _6XXX,1,Dial,IAX2/PBX/${EXTEN} ;dial my ext/functions on pbx3

Notes:
all extensions on the local box are 4 digits starting with a 5

All 4 digit extensions on the other box labeled PBX start with a 6 and the
"PBX" in the string above denotes my outbound route labeled as such the
same. It will use that route created to reach the extension on the other
box (not explained here).

At the bottom of this there needs to be a fall-through where there is a
hang-up string.

But the above example not necessarily going to work for everyone because
many have configured other things and used or changed contexts for other
reasons without realizing the complications of doing so when you want
"generic help". So when many of us HELP, we are often confused as to why
things do not work as they might have.

I know for some of you this is still a stretch, so there is a free guide
on asterisk. And note there are other ways of doing the same thing, as
always in asterisk.

...mike/kb8jnm