[App_rpt-users] Custom NodeNames

W0OTM w0otm at w0otm.com
Mon Aug 17 21:08:06 UTC 2015

I have written a shell script to create custom node names to replace the
announcing of nodes by their node number to the "callsign" configured
for each node on the system.  Its 2 parts.  First uses a php script to
download all the AllStar Node data and saves as txt file called nodenames.

I save mine as 'getnodes.php'. The code can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/cSCuAZnS

After this runs, I run the second script:
I save mine as 'nodenames.sh'. The code can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/AWtPpYjY

This script looks up the node number and finds the callsign, it then
creates a .ulaw file using the letters and digits found in the AllStar
systems.  No TTS!  It saves all the ####.ulaw files in
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt/nodenames.

Now when a node connects or disconnects, its announces a callsign
instead of a node number.

--
Marshall Dias