[App_rpt-users] Custom NodeNames

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Aug 18 01:03:31 UTC 2015

Marshall,

  Looks interesting. On systems that have either lsnodes or allmon the astdb.txt file should already exist and is updated daily. It might be better to use that file for the second script if it exists. That would avoid unnecessary reads from the database and having yet another astdb.php file on the system. The astdb.php file has changed recently also and has better error detection, retry support, and it sorts.  Just a suggestion.
Also I have a simple combine script I include in the BBB and RPi2 release that simply combines the gsm files with like this

cat file1.gsm file2.gsm file3.gsm > node.gsm

As long as all files type are the same there is no need to do any conversion. So maybe ffmpeg is not needed?

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio