[App_rpt-users] ARnewsline over repeater

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Fri Aug 21 14:55:46 UTC 2015

I wrote a script to do this with proper timing etc. Currently it is setup for ARRLnews, which I prefer, but can easily be changed for ARN. Examples in the script as well as comments on use. This is a link on hamvoip.org how-to's Direct link -

http://hamvoip.org/downloads/ARRL-News-for-Allstar.zip

Note this will NOT work on Acid. Too many old SW versions. I suspect it could be made to work but you would probably have to download and compile a later version of sox and possibly lame. It works fine on the RPi2 and Odroid which is where I use it.

I run this script weekly with a cron to play ARRL news on my hub.

73 Doug
WA3DSP
http://www.crompton.com/hamradio