[App_rpt-users] Thru Hole Voter Board Firmware Update Procedure

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 2 05:32:25 UTC 2015

You have to use *something* that will take the precise 10MHz (or whatever it is) from the
GPSDO and PLL (phase-locked) convert it to 9.6MHz (square wave at 3.3V for the CPU clock).

We had to use 9.6 MHz mainly because of the DAC in the dsPIC instead of 10MHz. The options for
various divide/clock radios in the part are RATHER limited. As I recall, there wasn't even a way of
getting the necessary 16Ks/s sample rate on the ADC from 10MHZ, either.

Jim