[App_rpt-users] Private Nodes

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Sun Dec 6 12:55:46 UTC 2015

The advantage I see to a private node is to provide a "service" to your
nodes. That could be EchoLink, DMRGateway or Remote Base to name a few.
You can connect or disconnect as needed from your public node. For me,
when I had a EchoLink connected node, I could disconnect my public node
and not hear all the "Drive By" connects.

Steve

On 12/05/2015 11:19 PM, kk6ecm wrote:
> I'm trying to understand private nodes, and building one for test. I have
> some questions.
>
> Once I setup a private node, can it link with an Allstar node? If so, how?
> If I wanted to link it to an Allstar node, would I need to make a connection
> in the [nodes] stanza that points to the Allstar node. Or perhaps setup a
> private node on a second server with an Allstar node, that can see its
> associated private node, then permanently link the two servers together
> using the two private nodes?
>
> Perhaps the broader question is what functionality can be realized with a
> private node other than permanently hosted to an Allstar node?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
> kk6ecm

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic