[App_rpt-users] Private Nodes

kk6ecm kk6ecm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 04:19:32 UTC 2015

I'm trying to understand private nodes, and building one for test. I have
some questions.

Once I setup a private node, can it link with an Allstar node? If so, how?
If I wanted to link it to an Allstar node, would I need to make a connection
in the [nodes] stanza that points to the Allstar node. Or perhaps setup a
private node on a second server with an Allstar node, that can see its
associated private node, then permanently link the two servers together
using the two private nodes?

Perhaps the broader question is what functionality can be realized with a
private node other than permanently hosted to an Allstar node?

Thanks,
Bob
kk6ecm