[App_rpt-users] DIAL manual install from Debian

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Mon Dec 14 00:03:24 UTC 2015

Skyler,
The DIAL installer is built on the current Debian netinstall. If you
choose the second option on the menu it will walk you through a basic
install. You will be able to setup your RAID array if Debian sees it as
a RAID array.
If you do a fresh install from the DIAL installer I would be happy to
login and take a look.

Steve

On 12/13/2015 06:23 PM, Skyler F wrote:
> The manual install is not working, and my RAID is not working either.
>
> I plug in the URI and it flashes a few times and then is steady.
> Radio-tune-menu then does not work. The manual install also made my
> ethernet stop working so I had to go into a network conf file and add
> it back.
>
> RAID 1 is not working either. I physically unplug a hard drive and
> boot it, and I get a bunch of errors.
>
> CentOS plays a   l o t   better with RAID 1. ACID was previously
> installed and had no problem with the hardware raid.
>
> Any suggestions of what to try next? I have tried N4IRS's script as
> well as W0JRL's debian install, none of them work. Right now I just
> disabled RAID and am installing DIAL on one of the disks, but I still
> want to use both so if one fails at the site.
>
> How does one copy kernel modules to get the raid working?
>
> This is server hardware.
>
> On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Shamim Shahriar
> <shamim.shahriar at gmail.com <mailto:shamim.shahriar at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 13/12/2015 18:49, Skyler F wrote:
>     > Does anybody have or know where there are scripts to install AllStar
>     > from Debian.
>     >
>     > For a setup for a repeater site  am using a server computer with two
>     > hard drives in a RAID1 configuration so if one is to fail on this 10
>     > year old machine, it will still work.
>     >
>     > I was not able to get DIAL installed but was able to get Debian
>     to work.
>     >
>     > Thanks
>     > Skyler
>     > KD0WHB
>     >
>     Hi Skyler, this might not be an ideal solution, and you might have
>     already tried it. In cases like this , I have always found that that
>     installing the system on a known working system, later DD-ing the disc
>     image and booting into single user mode and fixing things so that
>     reflects the new hardware can also be an option. If the kernel
>     versions
>     are the same, you might even be able to just copy over the kernel
>     modules required to have the raid working or other issues
>     resolved. Have
>     you considered this option?
>
>     Hope this helps
>     All the best.

>     You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email
>     confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a
>     message to the list detailing the problem.
>

> --
> Skyler Fennell
> amsatnet.info <http://amsatnet.info>
> KDØWHB
> electricity440 at gmail.com <mailto:electricity440 at gmail.com>

"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic