[App_rpt-users] RTCM asterisk config help

James Cizek james.m.cizek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 01:16:26 UTC 2015

Hi all,

After much learning and testing, I finally had a configuration that was
working using RTCMs as both transmit nodes and voter nodes.  I decided to
start fresh with clean configs as I was close to rolling this all out at
the repeater sites.  Somehow, somewhere along the way, I have screwed up
something. To simplify narrowing the problem down, I've dumped the voter
and am just trying to get back to a simple, standalone repeater. The RTCMs
are logging into the server OK (Using the latest DIAL distribution), the
yellow "Host" light is lit on each RTCM. When I transmit to the RTCM
connected repeater, I see the green RX light on the RTCM light (I have
removed all CTCSS requirements at this point also), but it's not
transmitting back out (ie, no red TX light, never keys repeater TX).  The
TX works fine, as when I drop asterisk on the server, the host light
extinguishes and I get the "offline" string in CW out on the transmitter.
I know I am missing something (something I *had* working!!).  I have a
pretty large rpt.conf, but removed all of what I believe(hope) is
irrelevant to this question and have listed only the lines I believe should
be needed in voter.conf and rpt.conf.
The one thing that is different is that I am no longer seeing voter_chan
initialize in the /var/log/asterisk/messages file.  I see my node come up
in the logfile by app_rpt, but never by chan_voter.

Can someone help me keep the last hair on my head from tearing out and help
me understand what I have missed on my new config?  I just can't believe I
had all this complicated stuff working, and now can't get back to the
simplest of all of it :)

Many thanks.
73 James  KI0KN

Relevant file sections below: (real password changed to XXXX)

voter.conf:

[general]
port = 667
buflen = 100