[App_rpt-users] Asterisk RF Gateway via Satellite

Bill South wbs099 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 13:39:34 UTC 2015

Is VoIP over satellite really viable?  The company I worked for a number of years ago did some VoIP over satellite Internet connections and the delays due to latency was so bad it simply wasn't a useable option for us.  Has the technology changed in the last 10 years to make this doable?  Anyone doing VoIP over a satellite Internet connection have some feedback, would be interesting to hear about?