[App_rpt-users] Raspberry PI-2 and Asterisk

B. McIntosh [Pace] bmcintosh at paceprofessional.co.uk
Sat Feb 7 10:11:24 UTC 2015

Just an update, although I'm not using the apt-rpt fork I'm sure there are
folk interested.

For over one year I've used Asterisk very succesfully on two Raspberry Pis
B+.

Moved to PI-2 yesterday. Having used dist-upgrade to get current release of
Raspbian Wheezy (7).   I'm running Asterisk 1.8.13.1.

VOIP slow and stuttering, but at times ok.

The distribution is billed as backward compatible with the Model Bs so I
popped it back into the slower Model B. Works perfectly - every time.

Back to PI-2. Problems with stuttering and very slow voice messages. Seems
to affect voice messages mostly but not exclusively. Two different PI-2s
have been tried.

Thought it might be something to do with the SD card not being able to keep
up.

Moved OS to a USB memory stick, allegedly many times faster than SD.
Perhaps a marginal improvement, but difficult to say.

I have several other projects getting behind so I don't plan to do anything
more -  the production system remains on the older PI until reports from
others start to appear. More than happy with BBB solution for apt-rpt anyway
so no rush.

73

Bernie
GM4WZG