[App_rpt-users] Raspberry PI-2 and Asterisk

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sat Feb 7 15:08:19 UTC 2015

Hi Bernie,

So your running a recent Asterisk version, but not the AllStar release,
on the RPi?  Have you tried the AllStar code?

Even though Asterisk is the host environment for AllStar, the
apps/app_rpt.c, channels/chan_simpleusb.c and related code make comparing
these different environments impossible. From a resource utilization
standpoint, it's rather like comparing a freezer ice cube to the iceberg
that sank the Titanic!!  (Well, maybe not quite that extreme! HiHI)
...The AllStar code (with USB support) uses a LOT of CPU power, etc.!

For all who are interested out there, the plain Asterisk distro (not
AllStar) runs great on most of the little boards that I've tested.

Anyway, please don't take this as criticism--I'm not meaning that at all.
And, I'm very interested to hear what results users are having with any
installation of Asterisk or AllStar.

73, David KB4FXC