[App_rpt-users] XIPAR

Scott Zimmerman n3xcc at repeater-builder.com
Sun Feb 8 15:54:05 UTC 2015

Luc,

I also ran into this in the past week. It's not a XIPAR server issue as much as a Centos 6
repository server issue. I was able to find an exhaustive list of alternative servers, but I
couldn't get any of them to work.

http://www.centos.org/download/mirrors/

It was at this point that I remembered I had imaged a HDD that had the install already complete.
Since I was making an EXACT replica of that system, I cheated and simply put that image onto another
drive and all was well.

At the time I figured out how to enter a different URL for the image location, I also found that you
could tell the installer to use an image off of a CD or USB stick. Since I couldn't find a known
good image to try, I couldn't get that functionality to work either, but it made me think about
burning a good image to a disc, then using that during the install process to save internet download
time and throughput.

Scott

Scott Zimmerman
Amateur Radio Call N3XCC