[App_rpt-users] VPS Installation of Allstar

Wayne wayne at anywherehost.net
Sun Feb 8 17:51:28 UTC 2015

The company that I work for allows me to keep a server in one of their racks. I use Virtuozzo VPS and my “containers” are backed up nightly just like client servers. Nice perk of the job. The thing is that when one deploys a “container” it only installs a very minimal OS. Applications generally call RPM or YUM and grab what they need.

I’ve read recently of some that a lot of experience with Debian and other flavors. My question is this: how does one get Allstar loaded from a minimal installation? I can build a server that is not running VPS but if I can get the best of both worlds... We’re finally getting our RTCM installed in the repeater and I want to set up a hub and getting cracking!